RaspPi 2 and a couple questions

Chris D Norton

TVWBB Member
I successfully got the Heatermeter together and all is well. The RaspPi 2 works great with the latest version for RaspPi 3 software. Wifi with Edimax is awesome!! Thanks again.

I have a few hiccups though.

I have this in my CSS and I just copied and pasted from another post. No clue what that language is, but if I wanted to remove the flames and just have all black how would I do that. I know I'm boring but just wanted to see it easy from across the room.

#backoverlay { background: transparent; }
#content { background: transparent; }
#probelist { background: rgba(125,100,55,.6)}
#fancontainer { background: transparent; }

The other is I can't get the email and sms setup. I have setup SMTP and configured it to gmail settings. I have setup alarms page with gmail information as well. I don't know ATT SMS settings if anyone knows.

Every time I put a check mark to send an alarm for email and save the settings it doesn't save, just disappears.

I Heat the probe past the alarm temp the alarm goes off just fine but i think because the check mark isn't saving it doesn't send the request to email. Sms doesn't save either but don't know the settings just yet.

Pretty green to programming and all. Meaning no knowledge just copying what I read on the forums.

Thanks for any help.

Try this for the CSS:

Code:
#backoverlay { background: #000 }
#backimage { background: #000 }
#content { background: #000; }
#probelist { background: #000 }
.pname { color: #fff }
#fanl { color: #fff }
#graph { height: 500px; width: 950px; margin: 8px auto 0px auto; }
#graph_overview { height: 100px; width: 920px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; }
#fancontainer { background: #ff0 }

For the email, see here:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

Thanks for the settings. Looks great. Have to read up on what you did there.

I changed the settings and still nothing. I checked the log file and there isn't any communication going out to email at all. Just shows the Alarm going off.

Sat Oct 22 01:56:37 2016 kern.info kernel: [ 12.263080] usb 1-1.5: rtl8xxxu_ampdu_action: IEEE80211_AMPDU_RX_START
Sat Oct 22 03:19:27 2016 user.warn : Alarm 1H started ringing
Sat Oct 22 03:19:37 2016 user.warn : Alarm stopped
Sat Oct 22 03:51:35 2016 user.info : Discarding duplicate update
Sat Oct 22 03:53:10 2016 user.warn : Alarm 1L started ringing
Sat Oct 22 03:53:10 2016 user.warn : Alarm stopped
Sat Oct 22 04:14:08 2016 user.warn : Alarm 1H started ringing
Sat Oct 22 04:14:11 2016 user.warn : Alarm stopped
Sat Oct 22 04:22:28 2016 user.info : Discarding duplicate update

You're right, looks like there was a bug introduced in the latest snapshot when I reorganized all the alarms in the config file. I'll have a new snapshot out in a couple of days with a fix.

Thanks for finding the bug!

New snapshot image posted which resolves the inability to enable email / SMS / push / setpoint events as well as changing the ring action. Thanks again for the report!

Amazing. Tested and working. Received right away while using the test button on both. Thanks again. Truly amazing software. Now time to fine tune this puppy.

New snapshot image posted which resolves the inability to enable email / SMS / push / setpoint events as well as changing the ring action. Thanks again for the report!

Hey Bryan, is there a changelog of the snapshot images? I built a heatermeter over the weekend (and it worked first time, yay!) and downloaded the image then, but no idea what's changed since then. It's nice to know what's been changed in case a specific bug has been addressed.

This thread is where Bryan is posting info about what's changing in the new Pi3 & Pi2 snapshot. This thread is the overall development log.

Back