Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New for 2017: Weber Genesis II Gas Grills

TVWBB Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie G View Post
    My Ace said they were in the warehouse but I know nothing more than that
    I will own one very shortly.

The lids are not stubby as they appear, by no means.

TVWBB Member
    So I was at my local Ace today doing errands and did a doubletake as I walked by a new black Genesis II. This must have been a brand new floor demo as it was already assembled but in the back away from the main grill sales area. I happened to have my tape measure with me so measured a few things. here is how it compares to the current genesis:

Total grate width: 1" wider (~27")
    Total grate depth: 1" shallower (~19")
    Grate to lid height: 1" shorter (~8.5")

So basically its 1" wider, shallower and shorter than the cook area of the current ones (this was a 3-burner model). Also, no doors and the left hand table folded down like a spirit. Grates were cast iron. There was an Ace spec sheet printout showing the msrp was $699, total cook area 669 sq. in and BTU 37,500. To me it seems like Weber is going to start pushing everyone upmarket to get the features on the current base Genesis, which now seems like a great unit by comparison.

Hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by PaulK; 11-23-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Yeah, they seem like less grill for more money. If you want a side burner, you have to go to the LX series which looks like a replacement for the Summit x20.

The Home Depot website has them for pre-order now.
    http://www.homedepot.com/c/Weber_Genesis_II
    Last edited by Craig F; 11-24-2016 at 08:03 AM.

Notice how much the warranty has shortened up? Frankly the value just does not seem to be there anymore

I am glad i popped on the 2016 E-330 last night online for 6 and a half green backs. Similar value would cost me about 1399 in the new line as they are only providing side burner in the LX model.

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    Notice how much the warranty has shortened up? Frankly the value just does not seem to be there anymore
    Same warranty - 10 year burner, 5 year cast iron grates, 2 years rest of the parts as per homedepot.com listings of E-330 Genesis vs E-310 Genesis II

What happened to the 25 year on the fire box? Eh...................maybe I just didn't break it down enough. It's been a long while since I bought a new Weber. Last was the Summit 450, and it will truly be the last for reasons many here know

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    No the front of the fire box rusted out just above the burner tubes. The fact it only happened on 2 of the 4 holes and not at all on the rear panel tells me this was a product defect. Of course it leaves the control panel exposed to direct heat from the burner area. That it happened is not what upset me since I did have a couple minor issues come up on the Genesis I had bought about 12 years earlier. What royally pi$$ed me off is the flippant way Weber handled the issue. "Yes we know it was a defect, yes we know it's under warranty but sorry we cannot support the product anymore". Really?! This is how you treat a 2 time (well actually 4 time) retail customer?!
    I know some will say "oh well it's a business decision" to that I say BULL$&IT! No excuse for this type of treatment. In my lifetime of grilling I have made 4 retail purchases from Weber. 2 Kettles and 2 gassers. They were not cheap. But I bought them because I felt I got a quality product. What I didn't expect was to be left high and dry.
    I know some of the people on this group are Weber retailers. To them I'll say "I am not trying to kick the shovel out of your hands" I understand you NEED to make a living. My gripe is with Weber directly not with the people trying to make a living.
    I truly hope with this new round of products Weber stops going for the "cheap". But, sadly when the company was taken over the handwriting was on the wall.
    Since there doesn't appear to be a "thanks" button, I will say thanks for that post. I have had my (new in box from HD) Spirit E310 (a 2009 model) since 2011 and other than the fact that the flavourizers are getting a bit weak, it still looks like new. Now I don't fuss over cleaning it, but I do try to keep it fairly well cleaned to hopefully have it last longer than me, as I am a senior citizen (hey I get cheap coffee from Micky D's)

However, when I bought it, I fully expected to be able to get replacement parts easily, but I am afraid that may not always be the case. I may have to pick up the flavourizers and maybe the burners before they go the way of the Dodo.

As an aside, I do like the enclosed area underneath the grill, as my neighbour's barn has around three million barn cats as well as assorted raccoons and other sundries, and there is my "foodaholic" beagle also. I would think that the grease tray would be a very good attraction to them if it was all open underneath.
    2009 Weber Spirit E310, 2013 Weber OTG 22.5, a bunch of Weber stuff.

TVWBB Member
    This is all I can share for now

Last edited by Martin Chicago; 11-25-2016 at 08:14 AM.

TVWBB Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Chicago View Post
    This is all I can share for now
    Can't wait to see more... I'm needing more cooking space so looking at the 6 Burner, not sure about LX vs not (pretty big $$$ difference), especially if I don't care about side burner, but have only used the stainless steel cooking grates and unsure about porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates, so I guess I'll have some decisions to make!
    2004 18.5" WSM 2002 Genesis Gold B 18" Kettle

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast