Wsm 14.5

Maclane Jones

TVWBB Fan
Just got a wsm 14.5 from wall mart for 80$ I couldn't help myself I have weberitis put some wheels on it and load it up full of charcoal put some bacon on it to season it it has the normal leaks but holds temp good looks pretty small compared to the wsm22 can't wait to get a pork butt to put on this will be my 5th weber bbq smoker I keep buying till the wife says no and get just one more or too

You are a blessed man that your wife is not complaining. Mine has placed a moratorium on BBQ buying for now. Doesn't complain about meat purchased though. Congrats on a great little smoker. Post pics of your next cook.

"Weberitis," I love that term. I have been afflicted as well. 7 Weber's for me in 6 months.

It only looks small for a while. It will steal your BBQ heart and become your favorite before you know what happened!

I really enjoy mine. Of course my four home built Mini-Wsm's are looking pretty lonely... I haven't done a long cook yet, but I have been craving pulled pork so that is next in line. One modification I am going to make is to the charcoal ring. I prefer a basket to just the ring setting on the charcoal grate. I like to snuff the fire and then re-use the leftover charcoal. The stock set up makes shaking the ash difficult. I also prefer smaller openings expanded metal has on the bottom and sides. So I will fabricate a charcoal basket one of these days.

It only looks small for a while. It will steal your BBQ heart and become your favorite before you know what happened!

Yep. It has plenty of room if you are just cooking for the family. I have a chuck roast on mine as we speak.

Yep, really like my 14.5" for basic cooks. Almost..........that's "almost" wish I hadn't bought my 18.5" first (although I truly enjoyed doing the mods on it). For the time I'm going to own both, and cook on both, I think BOTH were a good buy.

Although, I could have gotten away with just the 14.5". :cool:

Maclane, congrats on the 14.5 your going to enjoy it. Rich and I have 8 BBQ's and smokers and we use them all. Looking forward to seeing some cooks soon.

$80?? Oh well, I can dream... Great score.

Ha ha, my though exactly!! Gary I don't really think they know how good they have it in the USA with pricing of Webers, some of the folks reported finding 14.5 WSMs in clearance at Walmart for 40$!!! That's like £28! :(:( I got my 14.5 WSM 2 weeks ago form BBQWorld.co.uk for £244 and that's the best price I could find in the whole of the U.K. ... Mind you over on the continent the price in Euro is even worst!

Jules

Back