Ceramic Spray Paint

JFischtz

Has anyone used the ceramic spray paint on the wsm door. I have seen discussions of using the cajun bandit stainless steel door but have not come across anyone painting the OEM door. Was wondering what results people are getting as far as heat retention and temp controll if they used ceramic paint on the door.

The factory door is 'somewhat' flexible. And probably the reason why Weber does not coat it.
Problem most have with the factory door is one of fit.

IMO I don't think painting the door will have any effect on heat retention or temp control.
(Hence why you haven't come across anyone doing it).

I use Dupli-Color Engine Paint with Ceramic. Its good to 500*. #1653 RED is what I use to touch up red kettles and paint my drum smokers. Here is my Cajun Bandit after a few years of use. I have stainless steel doors so no need to paint them.

IMG_1850.jpg

Stove Bright makes some 1200* paint in a variety of colors you might look into them

Thanks for the input. Thinking I still might paint the door just customize it but other mode will come first.

So here is my pizza kettle that took it for the team! 700*++ and the paint starts to discolor.

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

It will eventually turn black, but I can live with it.

IMG_2813.jpg

IMG_2790.jpg

All RED all the time!

Back