Unable to get to RPi Desktop

Tim McGee

I recently had an issue where my SD card died. I purchased a new one, downloaded the latest OpenWRT and used ApplePi Baker to burn it to disk.
I setup the config file so my USB wifi card would work, plugged in the wifi, plugged in my USB keyboard/mouse adapter, plugged in an HDMI cable to a monitor.

I had removed the LinkMeter board for the moment and was only connecting to the Pi to make sure things were working. The loader scripts ran but eventually just paused. I never got to the RPi desktop.

I was able to pull up the heatermeter web page and of course it wasn't showing much because the board wasn't connected. Tried the process a few times and could never get to the desktop. I connected the LinkMeter and things worked as expected. I'm having some issues setting up an alarm and would really like to get to the desktop so I can try out some different scripts.

Any ideas?

There's no desktop, just the command line. Press enter to activate the console terminal once the boot spam stops. Sometimes Apple keyboards don't work because they aren't standard HID devices, just in case you're using one of those.

There's no desktop, just the command line. Press enter to activate the console terminal once the boot spam stops. Sometimes Apple keyboards don't work because they aren't standard HID devices, just in case you're using one of those.

Thanks Bryan, I didn't realize there's no access to the desktop for the Pi.

I tried hitting enter to get the console previously but maybe I didn't wait long enough. I'll give it another shot.

Back