Anyone Want to Buy a Performer with a Kettle Pizza

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Again the rain forced us inside last night. We were going to do this on the performer, instead alas it was the oven. We wanted to share this because it was just about the best pizza we’ve ever had.

This is about the seventh recipe we’ve done out of the “Cook it in Cast Iron” from Americas Test Kitchen and they all have been excellent. Both Barb and I highly recommend this recipe book.

It was Skillet Pizza Margherita and was it ever good. We used their No-Cook Pizza Sauce and the dough from the recipe. Very simple to make.

We did deviate a little from the recipe, the recipe calls for two Margherita pizzas we made one Margherita and the second a simple combo.
Oh yeah, we will be doing this one again real soon.

Just kidding about the performer and the kettle pizza.

Here’s some pictures of the cook

DSCN3956_zps8kby2bqm.jpg

DSCN3958_zpsw4r9mrfc.jpg

DSCN3961_zpsjuh1rowv.jpg

DSCN3964_zpsre793dup.jpg

DSCN3965_zps5w1zoupb.jpg

DSCN3967_zps2lwela1d.jpg

DSCN3975_zpsoftdir0h.jpg

DSCN3976_zps1khvkutn.jpg

DSCN3979_zps0w5jgylu.jpg

DSCN3982_zps6tfqdovz.jpg

Thanks for stopping by

Those look great Rich. I would half to buy a few more CI skillets if I wanted to try that in my house or I might not get any pizza.

Very nice Rich! The crusts on those pizzas looks really gooood (as do the pizzas). I'm thinking it's about time I add this cookbook to my collection.

Ditto what Angie said. You and Barb are always amazing us with the great cooks, even with the rain.
Please send some of that rain our way.

Very nice Rich! The crusts on those pizzas looks really gooood (as do the pizzas). I'm thinking it's about time I add this cookbook to my collection.

You wouldn't regret it. There has to be at least 100 or more recipes in it it's 293 pages. All the ones we have tried so far have been outstanding.

Great looking pizza! I follow America's test kitchen, lots of great tips from them. Again, this pies looks very good!!! Nice job!

Nice pies! So is that just done on the stovetop or does it go under the broiler too? Nice "in a pinch" pizza.

Nice pies! So is that just done on the stovetop or does it go under the broiler too? Nice "in a pinch" pizza.

Nate, You cook the crust in the CI just for a few minuets on the burners to brown the edges. Then 10-12 minuets in the oven at 500*.

Back