First Cook on New 14.5 WSM, BB Ribs

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
So I had a chance to do my inaugural cook on my new 14.5 WSM. I have made a lot of BB ribs in my life, this will be the first time on a WSM. I did the 2-1-1 on these.

Stubb's with some pecan for flavor.

Minion method.

Mustard and Rich's Rub.

It was supposed to rain but it didn't. I was prepared for it.

2 hours in.

At 2 hours I foiled them with SBR, brown sugar and apple juice. Terrible picture by the way.

I pulled them out of the foil after an hour and put them back on. All done after the 2-1-1.

They turned out good. Not quite as tender as some that I made but very flavorful and pulled off the bone nicely. I am very impressed with the WSM and it's ability to hold steady temp's. It finally has it's first layer of grease and smoke in it, can't wait to use it again.

Thanks for looking.:cool:

Those baby backs sure look good. You are going to love that 14.5.

X2 on the green lawn. Can't remember the last time it rained here.

Awesome looking ribs and they with the sauce outstanding. Green grass its been a long time since we have had one looks nice.

Pat, your ribs look good. I recently got a 14.5 also. Smoked a chicken last week. Bought some BB ribs today and hope to cook them next weekend. Nice looking yard too.

Great looking ribs!!!! Congrats on your 14.5 WSM, I'm loving it, easy to adjust and hold temps!!! Nice spoke ring there. Spare ribs are on sale in my neck of the woods, going to buy some ribs tomorrow and smoke them. I currently have a beer can chicken on my mini me smoker, as I call it, lol.

Back