My First Weber Kettle Grill

Rob Banton

After endless research on the web and reading on this forum I decided I should invest in a Weber Kettle Grill. I bought my first Weber Smokey Mountain from Walmart so I remembered seeing a bunch of Weber grills on clearance that day. So I stroll into my local Walmart and low and behold they only have 2 left a Smokey Joe Premium for $78 and a Master Touch Premium GBS for $99. I decide to go with the MTP just because and when I get to the register I ask if I can get anything off because the box is torn and the manager takes $20 off just like that. $79 out the door for a brand new MTP. I can't be more excited to try it out.

Thanks everyone on the forums for the endless amount of knowledge I've gained from here.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Rob. Congrats on the great deal you got. You will love hanging out here because everyone is so friendly and like to help others.

The thing about Weber grills is, they are rather like a Barbie doll, it's not the doll that ends up being expensive it's all the accessories that will add up and fill a garage! It will be fun no matter what you do or do not get, I had the most fun with the basics! The add ins are all well and good but the beauty is in the simplicity.
Have fun!

Welcome to the forum it's a fun, friendly place. You got a great deal on that MTP. Looking forward to see some of your cooks on it.

Welcome Rob. Be sure and take some pictures of what you cook. You are going to love your new kettle.

Welcome to the forum Rob, you have two great grill/smokers there. Enjoy them and the forum

You will find that the kettle can do just about anything and do it well. No matter what you do, keep it simple. Suggest you read a bit about the kettle here and then experiment, over and over. Me, I did all the fancy stuff and found that I preferred the simple way of doing things. Enjoy !

Awesome deal, Rob. You won't regret it. Don't forget to stock up on Kingsford during the Labor Day week sale at Lowes and Home Depot that's right around the corner. The next sale usually isn't until Memorial Day week the following year, so get enough to last you a good 9 months. Alternatively, I hear Stubbs briquettes are on sale at Lowes right now. Whatever route you go, just stock up during the sales so you never have to pay retail.

Last edited:

Back