Trade 2010 for 2016 performer?

DavidD

TVWBB Super Fan
What are your thoughts, my neighbor is moving and offered his 6 month old weber perf deluxe to me for 175$. I recently picked up a used 2010 blue performer w gas so i would be swapping out to get a handle that doesnt burn my hand and a lid that opens virtically plus electronic ignition.

My guess is my blue is worth 150-175 sonit may be an even trade but i might miss the blue vs black.

Thoughts? Worth it?

I personely eould get the 2016 is your older model gas assist also?
If so that would great as you could pick your color and still get all the ladtest updates.

Do you have room for both? Would you be able to use both at the same time? If you want it, get it. If down the road you don't need it, give it to a friend or family member who can use it and will appreciate it. Just my thought.

I bought it. Grill is like new and he included a new weber cover and a searing cast iron insert in addition to the regular ss center piece that came with it. All for 175$ (plus a bag of charcoal and propane).

The only complaint with the blue 2010 is the handle gets hot as &$/- and lighting the chiminey w the gas assist requires that i take the lid entirely off so i like the idea of the lid goong vertical so i dont have to remove it.

If I am not mistaken, the center piece is chrome plated, not SS. You should be able to get the better lid bale from ereplacements.com. I may look into that for my Performer. Enjoy them both.

Unloaded it and did my first cook last night. Small improvements but really happy. The handle is barely warm vs having to use a mitt and for purposes of lighting the chimney, I like the new lid hinge. The seller did give me two new large wheels that appear to go w the previous generation not the newer 2015 2016 series. Not sure what that's about.

Also, have not bought a weber cover in awhile but this one is very thin and lighter duty than the heavier vynyl I remember.

Last edited:
Congratulations. Looks like you got a great deal and its in great shape. I also have a blue performer. I wanted it so bad I loaded it new, box included into the back of a Toyota Camry and drove about 3 hours from Indianapolis. Talk about a tight fit. I'd have a hard time letting it go.

Darvin

I'm not sure what the problem people seem to have with "Hot handles", yes the chimney gets hot but, kettle handles?
I have only had an issue with that when the handle was enameled steel. The composite (or even wooden) handles have never gotten too hot to handle(sorry bad pun). I'm no genius but, where there's fire, usually there's heat.
But, cool buy! (sorry, another bad pun, I will go stand in the corner)

Congratulations. Looks like you got a great deal and its in great shape. I also have a blue performer. I wanted it so bad I loaded it new, box included into the back of a Toyota Camry and drove about 3 hours from Indianapolis. Talk about a tight fit. I'd have a hard time letting it go.

Darvin
Good thing that didn't turn out to be a Ranch Performer when you got there! :)

You actually have the best Performer ever made there.
Just need to swap some parts around and then sell off the runt !
You know which parts.

;)

You actually have the best Performer ever made there.
Just need to swap some parts around and then sell off the runt !
You know which parts.

;)

Not sure I agree with that. I'm not expert but after ten years of grilling on my platinum one touch, I went to the blue and while I like it, I don't love it. I have the two side by side at the moment (sold blue but not picked up yet), and I am thrilled with the new one. In my view, weber took an excellent product and made it great. Small improvements but I am really happy. I still have one of my two platinum one touch grills and continue to like it.

Nice score on the new Perfromer Davidd.

I'm not sure what the problem people seem to have with "Hot handles", yes the chimney gets hot but, kettle handles? (sorry, another bad pun, I will go stand in the corner)

I have not experienced this on my larger kettles because they both have the heat shields. On my SJS's it's a whole different ball game. The first time I grabbed the handle on the SJS without a glove will be the last time I do that. It was very hot and didn't feel all that good.

Sold the blue for 175 so essentially an even trade, although i did pay 100 for blue. Newnowner very excited about his first performer purchase. Nice couple

It doesn't bother me but I never noticed it until I started using the charcoal baskets under the gourmet sear grate. The handle REALLY gets hot with a vortex. Using the grill normally you'll probably never have a hot handle.

Dustin, you are so right but searing on the Vortex works so well.

It doesn't bother me but I never noticed it until I started using the charcoal baskets under the gourmet sear grate. The handle REALLY gets hot with a vortex. Using the grill normally you'll probably never have a hot handle.

Back