OT: Propane tank "rattle"

PaulK

TVWBB Member
Hey guys,

I just bought a propane firepit for the backyard and we like it *except* the darn propane tank is loud. Ive tried multiple tanks, resetting things, etc. and no matter what i get a consistent rattling sound from the tank/regulator area.

Now this happened on my last propane tank exchange where it seemed like one of them rattled, the other didnt' on our weber grill, but on this firepit it is happening no matter which tank i use.

I can't find any good/reliable info on google, so I am turning to the Q experts for help. Any ideas?

Tanks! (couldn't resist)

When does it make noise? I've had them rattle when being transported, but never when standing still.

I enjoyed your "tanks".

When does it make noise? I've had them rattle when being transported, but never when standing still.

It rattles when gas is flowing when the fire is on. It changes cadence a bit by turning the control valve further open or closed,but I can't get it to stop.

I think your fire pit draws more gas and you're hearing the gas going through a change of state at the high flow. Only thing I can think of

Back