Weber Charcoal Grate # 7441

Spec says 17" diameter. I don't own a 22.5" so I can't say. Measure your existing grate to see if it fits and suits your needs. What I did for my 18.5" was to get a grate that fit just inside my charcoal ring and then combine everything into a single lift out.
d5a46d8e1fc579009546425ed5efe22f_zpsbf5u0zta.jpg

Hi Looks good. Great idea. I think the charcoal grate in my WSM 22 is 18" so 17" should work fine.
Thanks Dan

The WSM 22.5" charcoal grate is #63014 and measures 18-3/8" ~ 18-1/2" in diameter.

The Weber Charcoal Grate # 7441 has a diameter of 17", which is the same diameter as the WSM 22.5" charcoal chamber. You should be able to place it turned 90* on top of the original grate, put the chamber on top, and be all set. It *may* fit inside the chamber, depending on the build of each piece...dimensions are not always consistent from piece to piece.

The WSM 22.5" charcoal grate is #63014 and measures 18-3/8" ~ 18-1/2" in diameter.

The Weber Charcoal Grate # 7441 has a diameter of 17", which is the same diameter as the WSM 22.5" charcoal chamber. You should be able to place it turned 90* on top of the original grate, put the chamber on top, and be all set. It *may* fit inside the chamber, depending on the build of each piece...dimensions are not always consistent from piece to piece.

Hi Sounds good to me. Will give it a try.

Thanks Dan

HI The 7441 grate is a prefect fit in the 22" WSM.
Dan

Dan,
Must tell you that I did the mod you are looking for and I was not satisfied.
I use charcoal and briquettes and I founda lot of ash blocked on criss cross grates not falling down.
This was my experience.

Dan,
Must tell you that I did the mod you are looking for and I was not satisfied.
I use charcoal and briquettes and I founda lot of ash blocked on criss cross grates not falling down.
This was my experience.

Hi Will let you know how I make out when I fire up the WSM.
I did the same thing on my Smoky Joe grill and didn't see any problems so far.
Thx Dan

Back