Vacuum food sealer

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
I need to pick up a vacuum sealer so I can take advantage of Costco pricing.
Is there a consensus on a reasonably priced model?
I know most of you have thermapen and Mavericks, how about vacuum sealers.

Thanks!!

The one that Bob recommended is also very good. I might have gone with that instead but it was just a bit cost prohibitive at the time.

What I like about the FoodSaver I have is that the bags are available all over the place and as an added benefit, I got the marinating dish for it and it make marinating meat easy. Great way to store leftovers also. The key is to get the one that you think will meet your needs. I went with the more expensive model since Costco had a package that had a lot of extra bags and things so to me it was a better value. Good luck with your decision.

I don't know the model I have, but it's a FoodSaver and I got it at BJs probably 8 or 9 years ago. The sealer still works great, but I think the quality of the FoodSaver bags has declined in the last few years. I used to get 4 or 5 uses out a bag (washing between each, of course), but then I bought some that seemed a little thinner and started having all kinds of troubles. I switched to the "Commercial Bargains" brand (from Amazon) and found that they work just as well, if not better than the old FoodSaver bags, and they're about 1/2 to 1/3 the cost (so even if I only get 1-2 uses, I don't feel as bad tossing them).

I have the foodsaver gamesaver deluxe.... it has a 10 year warranty, that's why I got that model. previous ones I've had each lasted about 4-5years. so far so good with this one (two years so far).

Steve

Back