HeaterMeter 4.3.4 + MicroDamper on a UDS - starting points for set up?

TonyRamos

<edit>: meant HM 4.2.4...

--T

Hello everyone,

Finished up my HM last weekend and everything is great so far (Thank you Bryan for this project and all your work - and everyone else who has been involved in the project) Super easy to put this together, great instructions...except the part where I didnt read to leave off a certain 10K resistor ;) if I had the TC board.

Now I am waiting on the fan/servo/connectors for the micro damper (thanks SteveCK for this project!) and will get the 3D printing done this week. Thermoworks probes should be here soon too!

Will be running this on a UDS, plan is to run the fan only when the microdamper is open 100%, then the fan should ramp up. I have purchased a Delta EFB0412VHD fan to run in the micro damper.

I know several of you have put a fair amount of time into tuning your HM/micro damper setup on a UDS...would you mind sharing your settings and thoughts with me?

Thank you all very much!

Tony

Last edited:
I dont use a microdamper, but it looks lile you have atleast a 10cfm blower, which will be fine for a UDS. On my UDS, and rotodamper, I keep the blower and about 30%max which for me turns out to be 8.4cfm, so I would run with a max of around 80% to 90% with yours. To much cfm and you get a cooling effect on the thermocouple and overshoots. Also, I have a ball valve and I chook the vavle some. It helps to keep from getting overshoots.

I starve my UDS, and let the blower and damper do their job.

I dont use a microdamper, but it looks lile you have atleast a 10cfm blower, which will be fine for a UDS. On my UDS, and rotodamper, I keep the blower and about 30%max which for me turns out to be 8.4cfm, so I would run with a max of around 80% to 90% with yours. To much cfm and you get a cooling effect on the thermocouple and overshoots. Also, I have a ball valve and I chook the vavle some. It helps to keep from getting overshoots.

I starve my UDS, and let the blower and damper do their job.

Thank you for sharing John...this gives me a place to start!

T

Back