Got 14.5" WSM for $100 - Clearance at Walmart

Mike in Sacramento

TVWBB Member
Last Friday, one of the Walmarts here in Sacramento, CA had the 14.5" WSM on clearance for $100. I didn't buy it at the time because I already have a 18" and I also built a mini WSM. But, i got to thinking about what a great price it was, so Saturday morning I got up early hoping they would still have some - they had 3. I got one for $100. I went back today and picked up another one for a friend for $100. I don't know if they are on clearance nationwide, but you might want to take a look. The website shows it's on clearance, but doesn't show the $100 price. Good luck.

That is a great price! I hope that you enjoy your new 14.5, its a great little smoker.

I am long time reader but rarely post. But based on your find at Wal-Mart, went by my local store and found A WSM 14 for $88.00 ! Needless to say I quickly bought it! Didn't really need it but at that price I couldn't resist. May actually go back and get another one!

I am long time reader but rarely post. But based on your find at Wal-Mart, went by my local store and found A WSM 14 for $88.00 ! Needless to say I quickly bought it! Didn't really need it but at that price I couldn't resist. May actually go back and get another one!

Dang, I have to head out to my local. :cool:

Was able to get the 18.5 for $200. They had the 14 for 140. $60 more for the bigger size was a no brainee for me. Now I have a 18 and 22. The 22 might be headed back to the store.

Went to a couple of Walmart locations here in Mesa. Clearance price is $139. Didn't buy one because I already have an 18.5, but if the price goes lower I will seriously consider picking one up.

Last edited:
Thanks. The problem I have now is I have a 22 which I just bought and a 18. The 22 was $360 and 18 was $200. I thought they were great deals. However the wife doesn't think so. I'm getting the feeling I should probalbly only keep one. Decisions decisions.

Went to a couple of Walmart locations here in Mesa. Clearance price is $139. Didn't buy one because I already have an 18.5, but if the price goes lower I will seriously consider picking one up.

It was $139 here too. They also had a Weber Q 1200 for the same price.

But I just don't know what I'd do with either of them. The 14" smoker is so incredibly CUUUUUUUUTE, but honestly, I don't know what I'd cook on it that I wouldn't do on my 22". It would use less charcoal, but $139 buys a LOT of charcoal.

Thanks. The problem I have now is I have a 22 which I just bought and a 18. The 22 was $360 and 18 was $200. I thought they were great deals. However the wife doesn't think so. I'm getting the feeling I should probalbly only keep one. Decisions decisions.

then keep the 22, its more versatile.

as mentioned above, if you were only going to keep one I'd keep the 22. If I was going to make space for 2, I'd have the 22 for big events and the 14 for a quick chicken or two for the family meals.

Yah, I'm more inclinded to get the 22. It's just the wife and I so the 22 is pretty large for us. But I do like the fact to have more space, even though it does burn a good amount of fuel. That's why I picked up the 18 to save on fuel.

I am new here. Found the site after buying the 18.5" cooker at walmart on clearance. Paid $129!

http://imgur.com/a/oBcjz

The item number is 10756114. I used this website to find it: http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker
When it said a store had 1, I called and it was a display model. It was in great condition though when I went in, but I still asked for a discount since it was opened and THEY offered the $129 price! I was thinking like $170-$180.

It was $139 here too. They also had a Weber Q 1200 for the same price.

But I just don't know what I'd do with either of them. The 14" smoker is so incredibly CUUUUUUUUTE, but honestly, I don't know what I'd cook on it that I wouldn't do on my 22". It would use less charcoal, but $139 buys a LOT of charcoal.

as a 14.5 owner first and now a 22.5 owner as well i can tell you the 22 is a freaking charcoal hog, if i can fit it into my 14.5 its still my goto smoker i can do 4+ full loads into the 14.5 which will run approx 8-10 hours per load on a single 18 lb bag of KBB a full load into the 22 takes nearly an entire bag! (Granted if i know its a shorter cook like ribs i won't fill the 22 to the max but its still highly wasteful for smaller cooks)

as a 14.5 owner first and now a 22.5 owner as well i can tell you the 22 is a freaking charcoal hog, if i can fit it into my 14.5 its still my goto smoker i can do 4+ full loads into the 14.5 which will run approx 8-10 hours per load on a single 18 lb bag of KBB a full load into the 22 takes nearly an entire bag! (Granted if i know its a shorter cook like ribs i won't fill the 22 to the max but its still highly wasteful for smaller cooks)

You're right on that. However with the 22 you can load up the food on the top rack without having to remove it to get to the lower levels. Charcoal is fairly cheap now a days. I stock up when they're 2 bags for $10. I hope I have enough for the season. However the 18 is a good compromise. Just not sure if I'm willing to go down to that size yet.

Back