Grill your own steak on a Weber grill at TownePlace Suites by Marriott

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
http://news.marriott.com/2016/07/towneplace-suites-marriott-announces-weber-grill-partnership/

TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and Weber-Stephen Products LLC are joining forces to raise the stakes on year-round BBQ experiences for travelers. Starting today, the extended-stay hotel brand will roll out new high-end Weber stainless steel Summit® Gas Grills at more than 100 hotels across the U.S. and Canada.

<snip>

Barbeque enthusiasts staying at TownePlace Suites hotels can beef up their stay with unlimited access to new premium grills, tools, spices and seasoning in the outdoor patio area. Inventive recipes inspired by TownePlace Suites’ In a Pinch market and created by Weber Grill Master Kevin Kolman can be downloaded from TownePlaceSuites.com. Available recipes include All-American Steakburgers, corn on the cob with basil-parmesan butter, and more. All guests need to do is B.Y.O.M. (bring your own meat).

2_zpsd3r8xfx4.jpg

(Not a Summit, obviously.)

That's pretty cool, if I were going to be out for several days that would make the being away from home a little more pleasant. Smart move for both of them.

I stay at a Towneplace Suites all the time when traveling for business and often think about just grilling up my own steak on the provided grill instead of going out to eat. Might start doing this!

Sounds like an interesting adventure for those travelling for an extended time from home. Fun for everyone!

I saw this on the Weber twitter feed this weekend. If I were staying in one spot for a while, this would most definitely get me into a TownPlace over something else.

I just hope the units can stand up to that kind of use- I worry that they'll end up getting pretty well destroyed within a month.

Great idea.
Easy to get fed up with eating out all the time when away on business so pretty close to getting some home cooking.

Remember, these are not "one night" type hotels, they are designed for people who are going to be someplace for a few days, unload and not WANT to eat out every night. I stayed at a couple of them when I was a road warrior, making something for myself was kind of nice but, this would have made a BIG difference for my employer and my diet!

Been at a few extended stay hotels that had a grill and they actually do ok. Having a solid weber gasser on site would definitely influence my decision on where to stay.

Cool news! But I have a SJ that I bought as a camping grill years ago. And campgrounds are usually cheaper than a Marriott! :p

Great move by Marriott. I have frequently stayed at Town Place Suites and will continue to do so. Marriott is my choice of lodging. Way to go Marriott!

We stayed at a condo in Kauai a few years ago & they had SS Weber gasers all over the property. We grilled a steak at sunset one night, sat/ate outside & watched the waves crashing in. Definitely one of the most memorable nights we had on that vacation. And every day, an employee was out there scrubbing those grills clean. Awesome experience!

My wife and I stayed at an Extended Stay in the Chicago burbs a while back that had two Weber Genesis grills on the back patio. We made quite a few friends on Sunday as people smelled our food and started bringing their own out to grill. Turned to be a big pitch in for about 20 people. We had a blast.

Back