Horizontal offset smoker - mount for Tom Kole's barrel assembly V2

JKalchik

TVWBB Gold Member
I finally got all of the bits together for a HeaterMeter, and Tom Kole's V2 barrel assembly. I have a [leaky] Brinkmann horizontal offset straight through smoker. I looked over a bunch of threads, and an idle walk through the plumbing aisle yielded some inspiration. While John Wells at Wellstronics (local 3d printer,) was looking over the files, I asked him to add WBegg's airway transition from 1" square to 1.25" round.

The mount is a stainless pet bowl with a flat bottom. I drilled a 1.5" hole in the bottom, and slipped through a 1.5" tailpiece for a bathroom vanity sink. I also cut a 1.5" hole in some scrap stainless, and used that with a couple of small bolts to clamp the tailpiece in place. There's no impediment to airflow, and the barrel assembly seems to sit nicely on the end. I did have to hog out the transition piece with a rotary flap sander, and finish it with the same 1.5" hole saw. There are 2 drywall toggle bolts holding the thing in place over the existing shutter on the firebox (no other holes drilled in the smoker. Currently, it's a 12" tailpiece, but based on temp tests, the tailpiece stays at ambient temps almost all the way to the stainless bowl.

IMG_20160717_165042549.jpg

Back