Suggested Software Updates

NeilHeuer

TVWBB Fan
As I struggle desperately to determine why my heatermeter just dropped off the map of wifi I would love to see some options to view: current IP address, connected network, maybe update IP / network settings. Just a thought?

Yeah being able to see the IP address I can agree with, but the physical interface on the device itself doesn't really lend itself to performing network configuration.

I like the idea of putting the connected network on there as well though. The only difficulty is that the HeaterMeter doesn't actually know anything about networking so there'd have to be some sort of custom querying from the HeaterMeter back to LinkMeter and a generic menuing system for being able to plug in various query/response data beyond the current "toast" implementation (which just displays a message sent from the LinkMeter and pressing any key returns you to home).

Yeah being able to see the IP address I can agree with, but the physical interface on the device itself doesn't really lend itself to performing network configuration.

I like the idea of putting the connected network on there as well though. The only difficulty is that the HeaterMeter doesn't actually know anything about networking so there'd have to be some sort of custom querying from the HeaterMeter back to LinkMeter and a generic menuing system for being able to plug in various query/response data beyond the current "toast" implementation (which just displays a message sent from the LinkMeter and pressing any key returns you to home).

Great! In the meantime I think I need to take apart my heatermeter so I can see it on the monitor to see whats going on with it :(

Back