Grilled Alaskan Halibut

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
Hi Everybody,
I thawed out a halibut fillet from Sitka Alaska, and grilled it tonight. Very simple, I cut a nice fillet, simply seasoned with extra virgin olive oil and garlic pepper. I used Royal Oak Lump Charcoal, really starting to like this stuff since I bought a big bag last week at Home Depot, works great! 5 minutes on first side, then flipped for about another 4-5 minutes. Rested, then eaten. Super moist and flavorful, flaked easily, fish tasted great!!!! The other cuts I might pan fry tomorrow night, or grill them up again, who knows. Nice tasty meal tonight :). Here are the photos.

Halibut fillet from Alaska.

Olive oil and garlic pepper, very simple.

Royal Oak Lump charcoal, really like using this a lot lately.

Flipped, happy with grill marks.

close up.

first bite, very tasty yum!!!!

I can't tell you good this tasted, It was really good!!!! Thanks for looking! Love all of your post here!

Last edited:
Michael I'm jealous since we don't eat much halibut as it goes for about $20.00 per pound here. I love it though. Your meal looks delicious!

I've never tried Halibut, but man that sure looks good!!great job, it looks like it's grilled just right.
Add onto her thing to my "things I really want to cook on the grill" list!
Tim

Halibut is my favorite fish to grill however, I refuse to pay the asking price for this outstanding fish. Fortunately I have a friend who is a fisherman and at times gives me some Halibut love. Fresh White Sea Bass is also right up there with Halibut and about half the price when on sale. Excellent looking Halibut Michael, I could almost taste the goodness.

Bill

Your Halibut is spot on Michael, excellently done. Halibut is one you want to cook outside. Cook it in the house and you're gonna hear it from your bride :)

Your grilled Halibut looks delicious! If you are still thinking about frying some, try a tempura batter, its a great combination.

Back