Chicken Breasts and Brussles Sprouts

Ray.S

TVWBB Super Fan
One of our favorite quick grills Some boneless chicken breasts along with some honey glazed brussels sprouts. Forget to get a pic finished but this was great by the wife and I.

Those sprouts look awesome, could you give me a guide line on how to do them like that please.
They are actually pretty easy but took me a while to get the flavor right. Pull off the outer leaves and cut back the stem them cut into halves. I fell in love with Chef Tim Love's Sprouts at his restaurant The Wood Shed. Use Canola oil in the skillet and place the cut side down and brown then turn. After 15-20 minutes, I go about the looks not time I add about 2 tablespoons of water and 2 of honey and 1 of soy sauce. Mince up 2 large cloves of garlic and add to that liquid and when you get them all browned up add this sauce and I cook for maybe 10 minutes more. Tastes great on the stove even.

Chicken looks delicious but I really like the sprouts. Going to try them tonight. You should also put this in Photo Gallery. Outstanding job Ray.

Thanks for the instructions, I have put them in my recipe book as Rays Sprouts, will be trying them soon.

I'm famous :) - glad to help John, I should have added that they need some salt and pepper and I sometimes add Webers Chicago Steak Seasoning which the wife and I like.

Chicken looks delicious but I really like the sprouts. Going to try them tonight. You should also put this in Photo Gallery. Outstanding job Ray.

Thanks Barb and I took your advice and posted over on the Photo Gallery

Looks great,I like to use unsalted butter instead of canola oil ,have seen a few stalks of Brussel sprouts and haven't picked 1 of them up but if I can find 1 before next weekend I plan on cooking for a few friends and family

Fresh, on the stem sprouts are so much better than even trimmed ones it's amazing. This recipe looks about as good as good can be! I'm trying them next week!
I just picked up some small cast iron gratin pans which would be perfect to serve them in! Yay, good reason to have bought them!

For me, it needs some fine tuning but, I tend to like the concept of so many things, and the end result I like, needs re direction.
First shot, one pound bag of sprouts, 1/3 stick of butter, 1/4 cup each water and honey, 1/8 of soy and two nice cloves of garlic(1 generous Tbsp) I would increase butter to half a stick, maybe use some Riesling to increase a little sweetness, or up the honey.
Good concept, first attempt, not so great, worth some practice.

Back