Second attempt, Skyline Genesis Grill

O.K. I ditched the grill that had the bad surface on the lid.

Now I've come across a Skyline version of Weber. He wants $75 but it includes 2 propane tanks and a cover. I think I read on here that this was a Weber grill made for Sears. Are all the replacement parts universal?

WEBER_SKYLINE_SERIES_GRILL_zpsj22ljpen.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yes "Skyline" only referred to the weird pinstriping on the lid. Whether or not it was done for Sears I have no idea.

Char,
Pretty cool. I say go for it if its in decent shape.
Make an offer of say $60.00 and see if he bites.

Jeff

That's a weber spirit 500 series.
Refurbished one for deer camp
Great cooker, best cast iron grates I've seen. Great for searing

Sourcing parts shouldn't be a problem. Value ? You have to give it a good look over and try and estimate how much you'll spend in replacement parts. First, make sure the cart/frame is in good shape and relatively rust free. Next, check the burners, flavorizer bars and grates. Replacing all three of those can be a bit costly, (over $120ish) so you have to factor that in with the purchase price. Also figure in $20 or so in materials to clean it up and give it a nice fresh coat of paint.

Char,
Not to worry, the same thing happened to me several times when I was deciding if I should pull the trigger.

The right one/ones will come along.

Jeff

Thank you for the input, but I was too late. I went away for the weekend and now everything I had my eye on is gone.:

Been there also, I was looking for a 2000 for over a year and finally found a 3000 which I converted to a 2000. Their out there and you'll find the one you want sooner or later.

Back