California > Larkspur: Belcampo Meat Co

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Belcampo Meat Co.
http://www.belcampo.com/
2405 Larkspur Landing Circle, Bldg 4
Larkspur, CA 94939

See website for other locations in California.

In May 2016, I visited Belcampo Meat Co. It's a restaurant, but not a BBQ restaurant, so you might argue it doesn't belong in this directory. But it's also a butcher shop, selling very high quality grass fed beef, free range chicken, pork, turkey, lamb and goat that is humanely and sustainable raised and butchered in-house to your liking. So I'm listing it here in the directory as a meat resource rather than as a restaurant. Of course, there's a high price to be paid for this kind of meat...but it was a treat for me to visit and check-out the offerings.

For lunch, I had one of Belcampo's famous burgers with bacon and a side of fries (cooked in old-school beef tallow, upon request) and I liked it very much. My only complaint was with the ketchup. Yes, the ketchup. They serve one of those unsweet hipster ketchups, not the typical sweet variety you'd expect. I would seriously consider bringing my own ketchup next time, that's how bummed I was with the version they served.

After lunch, I browsed the meat market and the refrigerated cases looking at all the cuts of meat and charcuterie and specialty products offered. They had some unique items that you won't commonly find like rendered pork fat, beef bone broth, duck confit, and jowl bacon. I bought some smoked bacon, a package of grass-fed 80/20 ground beef, and a package of bacon and beef grind that I used to make smoked hamburgers on WSM Smoke Day 12.

Here are some photos...enjoy!

9z0JvOy.jpg

Belcampo Meat Co. is located in the Larkspur Landing Shopping Center...

ZZBbybz.jpg

...across Sir Francis Drake Blvd from the ferry terminal.

FxzgUAZ.jpg

NAyIef1.jpg

c4wo24B.jpg

The view looking into the restaurant dining room...

sTLbRUQ.jpg

...and the view looking the other direction.

Continued...

UC55BtL.jpg

Here's the meat counter...

MTviep0.jpg

...and some of the beautiful (and expensive) cuts of meat contained within.

6zlMxJZ.jpg

There's a section of frozen items including stocks, stews and soups.

CV4hxNJ.jpg

UVoeqaU.jpg

And there's an section of fresh meats, sides and ingredients.

vHQWj0N.jpg

9vhHFlF.jpg

8UJrKgO.jpg

Continued...

Very nice Chris. My old stomping ground. This wasn't there in those days. Neither was Larkspur Landing. It was remnants of an old rock quarry. I get back occasionally. Would like to check it out.

It's a nice store. I pass by it at least once a week on my way to work. I've been there a few times but I never gather enough nerve to buy anything there because of the cost. I probably should.

Back