Building another mini

Nate Frost

TVWBB All-Star
UPDATED: NOW PORTABLE Building another mini

Last summer I gave the pot I had for my mini to my folks. Figured that t was time to cut up another pot for me. There have been occasions in the past year where I wish I had my mini to take along. Well, this morning I figured it was time. Pulled this new Vasconia pot out of the shed that I've had for about a year and cut the bottom out of it. I also drilled a hole in the side of the SJ bowl for my Party Q. Still need to install some rack mounts and latches to hold the pot to the bowl and lid for easy transport. I'm just seasoning the pot now.

image_97.jpeg

image_98.jpeg

image_99.jpeg

image_100.jpeg

image_102.jpeg

Last edited:
Finishing my build hopefully this coming weekend. I am going to do another one for my dad hope to get a New version of the Vasconia pot.

Very cool! I like how you did those latches. I've never built a mini (or seen one in real life)--are the latches standard for those, or is it something you cam up with?

Very cool! I like how you did those latches. I've never built a mini (or seen one in real life)--are the latches standard for those, or is it something you cam up with?

The latches on that hold the bowl on aren't standard but the lid wire is standard on Smokey Joe Golds. I ordered the lid wire on ereplacements.com since my SJ is a silver.

Outstanding craftsmanship on your mini build Nate. I'd like to do a build this fall. I'll be looking back on this post for inspiration and ideas.

Nate
Thanks for the info. I just ordered the latches. My base is a Jumbo Joe so I wont need to order the handle but how did you figure out the position for the holes in the pot?

Back