Sold my weber Genesis gold B today

DavidD

TVWBB Super Fan
Wife said I have too many grills cluttering up the pool deck and something must go. I never use the gasser, it was for her. I planned to do some low and slow using one burner but one burner doesn't get hot enough and two doesn't allow for indirect. I guess it was taking up unnecessary space. I thought the price was fair, not great, but had 3 people who wanted it within 24 hours of listing at $125 firm. Still think it was fair on both ends. Nice guy bought it, huge weber fan.

I'm picking up one just like that on Saturday. Going to upgrade to 3 burners from my Silver A. I've got a red hood that I hope will fit on it.

Hey David I'm the guy that bought your grill! Here is the finished project! It might look similar but this is a combination of your grill and my curb found 2003 Gold. From the new finished rusted treated paint to every single new stainless steel screw it's all new. I will be posting more pics later. I've been a grill fanatic for over 10 years but just recently learned about this Weber community. Here is the finished project.

Last edited:
Nice job Felix. I have one just like that that I am restoring. Only difference will be that I have a red hood going on mine. Welcome to the forum and post more pics when you get the chance.

Looks nice but also like you're missing the whole lower section of the frame. The center portion that keeps the frame from "spreading it's legs".

LMichaels I hear you! That's the only part I wasn't happy with how it came out do I ordered and its on its way! I started with a grill that was posted as a "Curb Alert"...little did I know that it needed all of the side trays, tables and frames for the tables. This is where David's grill came in. I used the frame of the grill I found and I stripped it to the metal then painted with High Heat paint. I took all of the missing parts from David's grill. The inside of his lid was cooked so I used mine. I installed new SS burners, new igniter, and a lot of labor of love. The best part is that now I have a lot of spared parts, manifold, burners, flavor islet bars, wheels, ect. I'm pretty happy with it...this is what I started with..

Last edited:
If the wife said it was time for something to go you should have told her, enjoy your trip!

I just got a Genesis Gold I guess a B, I thought the C meant two tables - is it the side burner?

Anyhow it was $50 on CL, just had to buy a regulator.. Due to the price the wife who also thinks I have way too much BBQ stuff had no problem with it.

To get more indirect with the front and back gas on, I built a second level

IMG_20160731_155158058_zpsy67h2z9s.jpg

PART_1431809334276_IMG_20150516_164651719a_zpsyrleyqyo.jpg

Back