Weber Genesis Platinum C

Lee F

Hey all,

Just got my hands on a 2005 Weber Genesis platinum C. Needs a full resto.

Anybody know what colour Weber used to paint the lid end caps and the firebox?

Will post some pics when I get time, suffice to say, all mild steel parts on the cart need replacement, along with chrome warming baskets. One of the lid end caps has been broke and botched repaired so I've ordered a replacements for all the above. Flavoriser bars and cooking grates have cleaned up well so far and there's plenty of life left in them yet. Rest of it looks salvageable and should clean up well. Hope someone can help on the firebox and end plate colour.

Thanks.

Lee in West Cumbria, Gt Britain.

Welcome to the forum Lee. Most of the folks here use high temperature rattle can paint in ether flat or semi gloss. Also make sure you don't paint the inside of the fire box or lid. I don't believe that Weber sells the paint for those.

Welcome to the forum Lee. Rich gave you great advice. He has restored quite a few of these grills and knows what he is talking about. When I rehabbed my Genesis 1000 I did the ends and frame in the semi gloss but it is really just a matter of personal preference. Good luck with that great grill. Many here would love to help.

Thanks for the advice guys, maybe I'll just go with flat black for the firebox and lid end caps like on the earlier platinums. Will let you know how it ends up.

Back