A good read on the Weber kettle.

It is interesting but for low and slow I will use my WSM. The Performer does a great job for steaks, hamburgers, etc. My Thanksgiving turkey is also always done on the Performer. Both of these require good fire management also.
Just my 20 cents. Had to adjust for rampant inflation.

Bob I too have a WSM and a Performer and I agree with the low and slow in the WSM. Recently I purchased a Slow N Sear for the Performer and although I don't have enough cooks on it to say for sure but the gap is closer now. I have not tried a 12+ hour cook yet and that will tell for sure but the instant access to two temp ranges make it nice to finish off with a sear.

Pretty good article, thanks.

I do most things on the Performer these days, including ribs. Butts, I still like to use the WSM for its 'set it and forget it' ease of use. The kettle requires a little more babysitting, while the WSM I can leave for an hour or two with confidence.

I also have a couple of performers and a WSM. I think the performer can do about anything the WSM can but it does require more hands on. It's not as stable as the WSM and uses more fuel.

I think its interesting that the more he cooks the less gadgetry and fewer accessories he uses. I have also found that to be true. I have so many "toys" that I have bought over the years that never seem to come out of the tool box anymore. I like my barbecue experience to be simple and rely more on my skills then on my toys.

After using a kettle for years and years I know that it can handle most any grilling or que. But having a WSM is more convenient to use for real long cooks.
I always try to keep things simple either grilling or smoking. The article was interesting to read.

Back