Thinking about building a HM; Questions regarding food probes

TonyRamos

Hi, I am new to the site (great site by the way!)...and I am planning on buying/building a HM to control my UDS sometime next month.

Reading through the wiki on GitHub in the HeaterMeter Probes section I see this:
"The coefficients in LinkMeter may not be completely accurate because they are correlated off a ET-72/73 probe." WRT the Thermoworks probes..

Does this mean the temps will not be accurate with Thermoworks probes or that I will need to adjusts some setting in HM?

I was planning on buying three TX-1001x-OP probes, have any of you had good/bad experiences with this probe? Is there a "better" food probe?

Also, how about the pit probe (K-Type) TC-K6A from Auber or -442 from Thermoworks? Which is working better for you?

I am sure I will have 100 more questions as I get closer and during my HM build...Thank you for your time and sharing your experience and knowledge.

--Tony

ooh thanks for pointing this out. There's so much info in the wiki it is sometimes hard to remember what I wrote that needs to be changed when circumstances change! Thanks for editing the wiki too, Steve.

Back