18.5 WSM Middle Cooking Grate Replacement Availablilty

SteveM.

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello everyone, I need to replace my middle cooking grate in my 2003 18.5 WSM. I contacted Weber and they have one for $25.95. + $7.00 shipping. I wanted to see if I could find it cheaper. Does Amazon sell the middle cooking grate that anyone knows of? I have some gift cards from Amazon and would like to use them. Thanks for any help.

Hello everyone, I need to replace my middle cooking grate in my 2003 18.5 WSM. I contacted Weber and they have one for $25.95. + $7.00 shipping. I wanted to see if I could find it cheaper. Does Amazon sell the middle cooking grate that anyone knows of? I have some gift cards from Amazon and would like to use them. Thanks for any help.

Just measure it or get the spec and head to home depot?

Amazon for sure would sell replacements.

Amazon does, but currently unavailable http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B013KIGPZC/tvwb-20
Pre 09 WSM middle grate is a nickel plated charcoal grate from a 22.5" kettle, you could buy a charcoal grate and keep it oiled.
The newer ones have handles so that's prolly why they cost more. I use an extra top grate for a middle occasionally. It's 17.5" vs a 17" diameter so it doesn't fit down on the grill straps but a 1 1/2" higher on the nuts from the bolts that hold the straps.

Tim

Back