Is stoker the go to ATC?

AaronK

My wife asked me which controller I want for my upcoming birthday. I like the expand-ability of the stoker, but I would like to know peoples opinion of easy of use and dependability. Is the stoker the best controller, or is there a better option for that kind of money. WSM 18.5

My wife asked me which controller I want for my upcoming birthday. I like the expand-ability of the stoker, but I would like to know peoples opinion of easy of use and dependability. Is the stoker the best controller, or is there a better option for that kind of money. WSM 18.5

Aaron:

I have the same smoker as you and cannot say enough good things about the CyberQ by BBQ Guru. Absolutely rock solid performance. I love the convenience of wifi monitoring, which is pretty easy to set up if you know a little about technology. If you are really good at tech, you can even monitor (and change cook temps) when you aren't at home.

One step down from that is the DigiQ, it doesn't have wifi monitoring capability, but I assume it performs as solid as the CyberQ.

Don't know about expand-ability with those, I don't have any need for running multiple smokers...

Happy Birthday!

Aaron,

A lot of good controllers out there these days. All depends on what your needs are and if a specific controller will meet those needs.

I use a stoker, not the newest Version II, but one just prior. Love how it operates. Never had an issue with it. Easy to set up and reliable. It's easy to expand for additional pits and has wifi.

But does it do a better job than the BBQ Guru controllers ? That I could not say.

I appreciate the advice. I don't know that I need to run two different smokers right now, but I like knowing I have the option to do so in the future. I'll do a little more research into the cyberq also

Aaron,
I have been using the Stoker since very early on and have never had any problems whatsoever wit mine (knocks wood)
Its funny about using more than one cooker on it. I would never have thought I would, but low and behold last Thanksgiving it turned out I needed the feature and it worked like a charm. Ran 2 WSM 18.5's and smoked 2 large birds at once (1 in each)

I have used every version of the Stoker (Original, Stoker WiFi, Stoker II WiFi) since 2008. I've never had a unit fail and have controlled as many as 6 cookers at one time. The Stoker is, in my opinion, the best power draft system on the market.

As I wander around barbecue competitions, I feel like I see more WSM teams using Stoker than anything else. But some teams are sponsored by Stoker, so maybe that's part of their popularity. :)

Back