WSM Wheel Advice

Tommy B

TVWBB Pro
I am looking to add some casters to my 18.5 WSM. Does anyone have a specific brand or size they recommend? I will be keeping it outside so rust is a concern.
My home depot has a ton of options but I wanted the advice of some of you guys who have had them installed for a few years. Thanks!

You want brakes on your wheels, and size of wheel depends on what you are rolling on. Ultra smooth epoxy garage floor? Then you could use a little 2" caster. Normal pavement with small cracks? Look at 3". For a wood deck I would go at least 4". If you trucking it across the lawn, then look at bike wheels!
I have 5" wheels on my because my deck is really crap

Thanks for all of the advice. Tim, I really liked your creative idea... I am not sure what I am going with yet but I need to add some wheels!

Mine sits on the patio year 'round. I used standard 4" wheels, one with a brake and 2 without, and haven't had much of a problem with rust. Unless you're going to mount the wheels to a cart, etc., make sure you get the ones with a threaded post for mounting. This is one of the best mods in my opinion. It makes it so much easier to move around.

Back