Dakotah Sausage Stuffer Problem: SOLVED

SteveCK

TVWBB Pro
Howdy all! I wanted to share my 3D printed solution to the problem that every Dakotah Sausage Stuffer user has. That problem is that the piston doesn't push all the way into the stuffing cap leaving you with about 1/3 pound of meat left over in the tube - which is waaayyy too much waste! This little donut fills in that gap so the only waste left over is what's stuck in your stuffer tube. You can download the 3D file from my google drive for free and get a buddy with a 3D printer to print it for you! Happy sausage making!

Some photos:

AsrqWJ4.jpg

UgXxBPe.jpg

Last edited:
Check out how little is left over from me stuffing 7# of landjager. Typically I would have a chunk big enough to make a pretty fat burger!

I should also note, that unless you seal the printed part with a food safe epoxy it really shouldn't be used over and over unless you can ensure that you have sterilized it. I'm not sure if you can saturate PLA plastic in bleach, but you certainly can't put it into a dishwasher. Lucky for me (since I'm a bit paranoid with food safety) I can print a new one each time I make sausage.

Photo of what was left after stuffing...

yPNLOV4.jpg

Last edited:

Back