maverick ET-73 vs ET732(3)

RobertZ

TVWBB Member
what are the main differences between these? from what I've read it appears to be the range of the transmitters. I know that maverick & Ivation are the same but some sites are showing Redi-Chek as being maverick also.

The ET-73 was the first version. The ET732 can register higher temps (550*) and can be turned off/on without having to open the transmitter making it more convenient to use. Not sure if the range is greater on the ET732. I have both. No experience with the 733. Seems like: Redi-Check by Maverick Industries or something like that.

I've had the ET73 and ET732. The ET732 allows you to set some temp alarms which are pretty useful. It's a workhorse. It saved my cook when my Igrill2 stubbornly wouldn't connect to my phone this past weekend (The excellent support crew at iDevices helped me sort it out). It ET733 just puts more bells and whistles on the receiver with some presets for different meats.

I'm going with the 732 or the ivation version of the 732. unfortunately the discount code at amazon for ivation special @ $49.95 expired. oh well, if it comes around afain i'll buy a 2nd one. thanks for the replies!

Hi Robert, I just posted on another thread you started but here is the content as I forget exactly where the post was but I still have the content pasted on my clipboard. Hope this helps a bit

is redi-chek made by maverick too? kohls has them in the store & lists them as being maverick.

My Maverick ET732 was badged RediChek so I am sure it is one and the same.

As far as the Ivation units are concerned, I have seen two versionst. One looks identical to the ET 732 in every way including probes etc so I suspect it is simply a 100% rebadged item (see it here).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ANCXJR6/

However, a couple of days ago I saw another Ivation unit with a totally different receiver unit (see here)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B016AF50U8/

edit : I jusdt saw the Amazon advert for the ET733 and the 'new' Ivation receiver is identical sp looks like they are just a new name with old kit. (see here) http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M0NNSFO/

I have just returned my Maverick as it was hopelessly unreliable and after reading the reviews for it I see I am by no means alone. (see here) http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-rev...e=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&showViewpoints=0 Something like 20% of all reviewers rate it 1-2 stars with some damning reports mainly , as with mine, about inaccurate reading (wildly inaccurate, like 100F+!).

Amazon refunded it in a few nanoseconds as they always do as I got the return in within one month of purchase but I am now looking for a suitable replacement. Has anyone had a Maverick 732 for a year or more, used regularly and working trouble free? If I was just unlucky then I will buy another but thr number of unhappy users was worryingly high as a proportion of total reviewers. Alternatively, anyone got any alternative views on a suitable replacement. I don't mind paying extra if the kit works and lasts.

Last edited:
I found that maverick shows the redi check on their website. most reviews I've read were positive. I bought one & the 3 times I've used it, it has performed flawlessly. a grill rack support bolt on the Cajun bandit extension ring was removed by the previous owner so I have a grate level access point. so far so good.

I found that maverick shows the redi check on their website. most reviews I've read were positive. I bought one & the 3 times I've used it, it has performed flawlessly. a grill rack support bolt on the Cajun bandit extension ring was removed by the previous owner so I have a grate level access point. so far so good.

I agree that most reviews are good but as the majority of most reviews tend to be posted fairly soon after an item is purchased, my thinking was that if there are already a significant number of buyers complaining soon after purchase, I wonder how many of those who posted 'great' early on had different opinions later on but didn't edit their posts.

I have had my 733 for a few months now. I have used it twice on the WSM and once inside to monitor a roast in the oven. I know, what am I doing cooking a roast in the oven when I have the WSM. Didn't want to risk Christmas dinner when I had only used the WSM once or twice. But I digress.

The 733 has done very well for me. Good range from outside to the inside on the other end of the house. Did an overnight cook with it. Very pleased. Again I haven't had it long enough for it to fail.

My 733 has been spot on with over 8 cooks so far; possible some have received bad probes with their new units?

Back