Hello from Sunny Wales

ColinLP

Hello, Colin from Cymru (Wales). Just got a WSM 18" and looking forward to using it. Been cold smoking for a while but hot smoking is still a mystery to me

Welcome Colin, congrats on you WSM. We look forward to pictures of your cooks, I think you might be the only one here from Wales. Would love to see some photos from there

Thanks for the welcome, pictures of Wales I can do

This is where I live, Rhosneigr Anglesey

ImageGen.ashx

This is a castle in the town where I work, Caernarfon

caernarfon1.jpg

This is my last cold smoke

CWqntsNWoAA2wf2.jpg

CWqntr9WoAECck-.jpg

Thanks for the welcome, pictures of Wales I can do This is where I live, Rhosneigr Anglesey This is a castle in the town where I work, Caernarfon
Beautiful photos Colin, looks amazing

Not too much cold smoking goes on here, it's an art. Geir from Norway does some every now and then, below is the last cold smoke I remember him doing

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?56006-Cold-smoked-salmon

Again, welcome to the forum, thanks for the photos. Wonderful place to live and work

Welcome to the forum Colin, you have come to the right place - hope you have many wonderful cooks to share in the future!

Welcome to the forum and hot smoking (what we, on this side of the pond call BBQ ;) )
I stand corrected :)

It's my birthday in a couple of weeks so we're going to try to BBQ some brisket weather permitting, despite the claim of sunny Wales it's colder than a well diggers a..e here with storm after storm coming through. Fingers crossed and a lot of reading it might go OK. We made 45lbs of sausages last weekend so have loads of skin and bones to run through the WSM first to season it and have a go at controlling it. All exciting stuff and summer is rapidly approaching

Excellent, Colin. Wishing you a Happy Birthday, Enjoyable Cook, and Good Brisket Eats !
If you have any fatty items, they help when building up 'that' layer.

Welcome Colin, and looking forward to seeing your cooks. Those were awesome pics of Wales. Again welcome and have fun.

Back