Got lucky today. 6 burner summit gold! $free.99

Reggie G

TVWBB Fan
Driving though the neighborhood today something caught my eye. Drove around the block and sure enough it was a weber parked in front of his garage. Knocked on the door and an older guy answered and asked me to remove it from his sight. It's too dang big for him and I could have it. It's all stainless 6 burners a side burner grates and flavorizer bars are perfect minus a little cleaning.

It's missing one of the crossovers between a pair of burners a quick look on weber they don't show any replacement parts except for flavor bars and grates. So are these available some where and what about burners. To the naked eye I think they are good but would like to be able to source them if need be.

Wish I could post pictures but I don't have the photobucket thing

If you're speaking about the crossover burner(s) yes Weber has those. They're cheap. The main burners seem to last forever. However before you spend alot on it know that there is a bad weak spot at the front of the fire box where the burner ends come through to the control panel and Weber no longer supports the grill for that part. I have the smaller version (450) and they're wonderful grills but I am mad at Weber as they abandoned me and mine while it was in warranty. But if your fire box is solid it is one helluva sweet cooking grill

I haven't torn it apart yet so time will tell. I went ahead and called today and ordered 3 new crossover tubes for it should have got a knob too but I forgot.

Like Lmichaels said, remove the flavorizers and check the front of the firebox. These things rust badly. I patched mine with some 304 stainless steel.

Like Lmichaels said, remove the flavorizers and check the front of the firebox. These things rust badly. I patched mine with some 304 stainless steel.

Would you be able to post some photos of how you patched it?

Looks good so far I'll fully disassemble and clean come Monday and my replacement crossovers will be here then

Anyone have a part number for the knobs on this one? I forgot to order one from weber when in ordered the crossover tunes dang it. Hate to pay shipping and their price again if I can help it.

Some parts (especially grates, knobs, flavor bars) can be obtained at your local Home Depot and generally if you order online, and ship to you store, there's not shipping and handling fees

30 part# 41787 Large control knob for Summit Silver/Gold

Here's a schematic that might match your grill.

http://help.weber.com/schematics/browse.aspx?Model=5290001&Sequence=30

If you could locate the serial number of your grill, it would help find the exact schematic for it. According to Weber, the SN should be listed in two places on the grill, on the outside of the right louvered panel and on the main pipe of the manifold. SN will start with 2 letters. Pretty sure it should be DD, DA, DU, DT, DH or DO.

As LMichaels and others have said, you really want to check the inside front of the lower cookbox for rust

Yeah I have the serial number just didn't look up the schematic. I was going of of their grill is to parts page

Thx

- - - Updated - - -

Mine is a 2004 so DH

- - - Updated - - -

I was telling the wife that this thing was probably close to $1000 when it was new

Yeah I have the serial number just didn't look up the schematic. I was going of of their grill is to parts page

Thx

- - - Updated - - -

Mine is a 2004 so DH

- - - Updated - - -

I was telling the wife that this thing was probably close to $1000 when it was new

Yeah, Weber's parts page leaves a lot to be desired. Enter your full serial # and grab the proper specifications. That will give you most the part numbers that you need. You can use those numbers to order direct from Weber or from other parts outlets.

As to value, $1000 might have gotten you a Summit Silver 4 burner base model. Depending on the exact configuration, your 6 burner Summit would have been closer to $1800 or more.

If it's 2004 I don't think it's a 650. It's most likely a "D" model or such. Are there 3 ignitor buttons or just one under the panel that operates on a battery?

If it's 2004 I don't think it's a 650. It's most likely a "D" model or such. Are there 3 ignitor buttons or just one under the panel that operates on a battery?

Yeah, he mentioned Summit Gold in the first post. I'd wager that it has a badge on the front that says this just like Genesis Gold/Silver would have. While serial indicates it was made in 2004, it could have been 2005 model year.

It's a 6 burner with a side burner all stainless

Just did a quick look at various models. A 6 burner with side burner but without a rotisserie burner or smoker box burner seems to be a Summit Gold B6 http://help.weber.com/schematics/browse.aspx?model=5770001

Not 100%, but I'm pretty sure that model would have been about $2000ish.

A very nice score and a great grill if the firebox is in good shape. I restored a similar one a year or so ago. It was a D6 and had the rotisserie and smoker burner as well. Nate Frost was restoring a Summit 6 burner as well and I think his was the same model as your's. There's a thread about it somewhere on here.

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?54858-Neglected-ol-Summit

Last edited:
So from what I can see it looks like you just riveted the sheet stainless over the old carbon steel?

Back