87823A47-DE1E-4012-A992-15876833123E_zpsrxsssuvd.jpg

Cooler now

D019262F-D812-4997-B407-4518E5760BE1_zpsgj3iowsg.jpg

Evidence of the too much fun club

B1461201-55F0-4BC9-86FE-84569492EE4C_zps5vkmxn5j.jpg

My son gave me some, pretty good if I don't say so myself

96305A8F-10A3-4980-A3FE-8FC4A1DB836B_zpskqq1hiki.jpg

Sizzle video

http://vid3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/chaz28o/2042F0E1-0A40-404E-8030-7BB16851588B_zpsov1x8hu6.mp4

Next up: Sausages on the SMG

Dang Chuck, your making me jealous, sunshine and the Lodge going with great eats. You don't want to see what I have going on here weather wise

I keep telling Barb I really want one of those and seeing what you did with it just makes me want one even more. But alas another pat on the head and "honey you have enough grills".

That looks delicious on both counts. You did an awesome job Chuck I really love that sausage.

Those look so good Chuck. I'm smoking vicariously through your cook there. The weather coupled with some health issues have kept me from doing as much as I'd like. But I'm starting to feel better and we've got to thaw out soon.

Chuck it's good to see your talent shine through. Great looking food! I can't tell from the pics if that grill still has those hideous colors on it but maybe they burned off!

Chuck it's good to see your talent shine through. Great looking food! I can't tell from the pics if that grill still has those hideous colors on it but maybe they burned off!
There he is, the SF Giants closet fan:)

Good to see ya RT

Lodge does hibachi the right way, to last a lifetime. Kind of surprised that Weber never produced their own version.
Looks like you have it all under control, especially the sausages.

Looks great. I've always been curious about that grill, kinda been wanting one for a while. Just trying to justify it. Its small, heavy and I'm trying to figure out where it would fit in my cooking style.

Looks great. I've always been curious about that grill, kinda been wanting one for a while. Just trying to justify it. Its small, heavy and I'm trying to figure out where it would fit in my cooking style.
The secret to it is to not bolt the two pieces together. Before every cook put a sheet of foil that sticks out 3 to 4 inches on all sides and when the coals go out, you simply lift the grill off the base, shake it a bit so that all the ash dumps onto the foil, wrap the ash and foil into a ball and throw it away. After each cook, oil the grate and keep it in the garage or if left outside like mine, keep it wrapped in a plastic garbage bag, these lil guys will rust if left exposed to weather. It's a wonderful grill you'll love it. Keep an eye on walmart.com for when it goes on sale (2-3 times a year) and you can get it for $80 or less

Back