In search of soldered heatermeter

ScottS

hello,

i am in search of a soldered heatermeter that i can add the raspberry pi to. I have a raspberry pi "b" version and i also have maverick probes. I just need the soldered heatermeter ready to go. If possible i would love to get a case as well. Please pm me if you have any built and are willing to sell. At this point i really want to use it as a temp monitor, and i wont be using it for temp control. I am in frankfort illinois, 60423.

thanks

i just saw that post, thanks!

It's hard to tell the "tone" of a text post, but it sounds like you might be in a hurry.

A couple pointers:

1. Slow down. I know you're excited, but realize this is a DIY project, and any availability of pre-assembled boards is simply a bonus/extra. Furthermore, you're going to need to plan out components properly. I'm talking WiFi adapter/chipset, layout of components inside a case, how you want to hook up probes, etc. A pre-assembled board by no means locks you into a specific config/setup.
2. Get to know these forums. You're going to be on here a lot, at least initially, if you plan to regularly use your HeaterMeter.
3. Keep an open mind when coming up with solutions. Everyone's setup is different, and there are many user-invented items on here (for example, damper+fan combos).

We look forward to seeing you around more.

Last edited:
Yes, i got busy and now i am revisiting.

thanks

Yeah man, it's unfortunate that you just now picked it back up. Had you dropped in during summer or Fall, you could've easily scored one in a relatively short time. John Bostwick was doing some great work setting folks up with HM's, but I believe he just had a kid recently and is now swimming in personal tasks, so he stopped putting them together for now, I think.

There's a thread in this forum for locating them, but if you can't wait and want to get it ordered quickly, Auber Instruments offers them for sale, though you're going to pay a premium. I'd personally try to wait it out and see if someone can help you out, but that's your call. There's some fine folks on this board and I'm sure sooner or later you'll find one who's happy to help.

Back