Fitting my 22.5 wsm cover over hinge

N Gandiosi

I recently modded my 22.5 wsm with the Unknown Bbq hinge. I find that the cover is so tight that if i force it it might rip. Does anybody else have this problem? Does it stretch out over time or is there an aftermarket cover i could possibly use?

Not at all, in fact the 22.5" model typically is even easier to fit the cover on when using a hinge, compared to the 18.5" model.

The factory cover should have no issues. Sure, it has to stretch a tad, but the elastic shouldn't be "maxed" out and you shouldn't have to use an excessive amount of force to get it on (though those covers are a tad tricky/slippery in the first place).

Unfortunately, since the hinge is a 3rd party product, if you continue to have issues, Weber won't be able to help you. I just can't imagine that it won't fit though. I don't think anybody's ever had any issues with 22's.

you can order/buy a cover for the 26" Weber Kettle grill from calling WEBER to fit over your 22.5"WSM... it's what I use since I installed handles to the side of the midsection.

Ditto what Jim said. I just added handles to my 22 WSM today and the cover was tight. Tried and the 26 cover fits just right.

Jim, Dustin, good morning. Any chance of a few pictures to show the fit of the 26" cover on a 22.5" WSM with mods?

Thank you in advance

Darren, that's my 22.5" WSM behind my 26" Weber Kettle....
4vZTmZz3DVuSMv8YyqX1FEp-8yePWmazvHPRfmBArHvRtNxJ787XnG9cWeaMBW23IU2Mhn9SXcRIZktXhKC-k8M_l2F2pLlpeojocoyEJbUwP6F-Nmjcskt8LE2CQIwcctHzcCZz4XV1ppOj63kdZBqco9e4-bmkCO5VeT1z2CtoYPrCirt8YCTDOuP8Z1mvwqcJE5SEK6czzdA33hRFlyNeOP0De6TC1_-cHwLvOym1ytXUOmWzv4hqSPm2gK2FmgoQkhMUDVOXwDPLbililYjteVp1Yk4S5KXoGAYFdO0iSwTNKI9m1BvtxER--Gf3S6V0aWCZ_KLa3aIxTfYYftS3dW2k3U_capsepzXF7bTvGG9192YjOzwpjkL8TaUXHb9l3bu0HRE6licqf9kvurw10CE5jXHJzob-KbQ05q2oZ9larWR_6ADQ2KygAutCcLcVQsvFrAjRDgHy5T9353-PjaCaJ98GEWcbidTDCzV3kfh9ebQjfQ5rjmJaBAXNATSI4Qw0DA83GBR9_wxZxRTUbk6MgiTI9gr75C29Ddlu4ZdTDLKDqqV2wHvvfVBgi1phKg=w830-h622-no

...as it is plain to see, the 26" cover fits quite nice and loose over the 22.5WSM WITH hinge AND handles on the sides.

I use a 22" kettle cover on my 18" WSM.
It's short of covering the bottom vents.
I like leaving them open to keep it aired out.

IMGP2258.JPG

Thank you chaps, that is exactly what I'm after. Great coverage all the way down to the legs.
All it needs is a bit of elastic around bottom to stop it blowing off in the ever increasing British winds.
We don't have a 26" in the UK, and I can only find the cover to import, just wanted to be sure it was what I wanted before committing.
Thank you again

The Kind Lads on this forum are always there when you need them.
Another case solved by Jim,Bob and Dustin.

Back