New accessory for my stuffer

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Wasn't sure if I should put this in Charcuterie, or Kitchen Equipment, but figured anyone who is using an old Enterprise Stuffer probably hangs out here some.

Aside from being big and clunky, and being a little bit of a pain in the butt to clean up, the two biggest drawbacks to my Enterprise Stuffer are (1) that meat oozes out past the stuffing plate a bit more than I'd like, and (2) that it leaves a bit too much meat "unstuffed" in the bottom of the cylinder. After scouring the internet for possible solutions, I came upon a few reviews for a "gasket" offered by a seller on eBay. It's just a disk made of polyethylene in the right diameter to fit the cylinder, and I probably could have tried to make one, but went the easy route and ordered one. Tried it out today, and I'll be darned! It worked great! Virtually no oozing meat, and it closed the gap between the bottom of the pusher plate and cylinder meaning very little meat left "unstuffed".

So, no affiliation, just a happy customer. If you have an 8 qt stuffer, here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-8-Qt-GASKET-RING-8-1-8-Enterprise-sausage-stuffer-press-wiping-plate-ring-/261749275513?hash=item3cf178fb79:m:m59joOqpvJDwnI-dCucKRUQ

If you have a 4 qt stuffer, just look at the seller's other items, they make a size for that one, too.

Here's what my cylinder looked like after pushing 7 lbs of bratwurst through it:

IMG_1202.jpg

I didn't think to take a picture of the meat left at the bottom, but I'd say it was less than 2/3 of a cup. MUCH better than before!

Cheers,
R

Cool! I have a 8 Quart that I quite using because I got tired of rigging something up every time I used it to keep the squeeze out from happening. Then having to use the sliced bread trick to get the rest of the meat to push through. I'll have to order one.

Very cool Rich. Somebody here made their own. Makes sense to have them, to reduce waste

Just stumbled onto this thread Rich. Thanks for the info. I have a 7 lb. VIVO Stuffer and I really like it EXCEPT for the meat that is left behind in the horn. I don't have the problem with meat oozing by the stuffing plate but there is at least 3/4 to 1 cup of meat left in the horn. I was thinking about a jerky gun to finish off the last sausage or two.

Back