ATC options

JoeMarcum

TVWBB Member
Guys,

Looking for thoughts on CyberQ Wifi, Auber Instruments, flameboss, and Stoker.

I see the Stoker is super expandable, but also pricey and has a long wait time. The CyberQ looks nice and has wifi. The Flameboss looks nice but its expensive as well. The Auber is appealing because at $145 its cheapest of the lot. no bells and whistles, but might do the job.

I am only running one pit at home. Also, I have a wireless iGrill that i already had that i can use to take temp readings remotely.

Any thoughts?

Joe,

I was in the same boat as you. And here is my two cents worth exactly that... I bought the Flameboss and have had no regrets. Support has been exceptional but what I am starting to learn is that the WSM really doesn't need a ATC unless your doing butts or brisket. That's pretty much the only time I use mine. my 18" WSM can keep 250 for 4-5 hours with minimal vent adjustment. I love the web interface and the cook logs.

This is what I learned a while ago: "what I am starting to learn is that the WSM really doesn't need a ATC..." so I sold my ATC.

However, if you are looking at one, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the brands you mentioned.

Last edited:
Guys,

Looking for thoughts on CyberQ Wifi, Auber Instruments, flameboss, and Stoker.

I see the Stoker is super expandable, but also pricey and has a long wait time. The CyberQ looks nice and has wifi. The Flameboss looks nice but its expensive as well. The Auber is appealing because at $145 its cheapest of the lot. no bells and whistles, but might do the job.

I am only running one pit at home. Also, I have a wireless iGrill that i already had that i can use to take temp readings remotely.

Any thoughts?

I would recommend a BBQ Guru Party Q. First because your post didn't scream that WiFi, alert notifications, multiple pits, etc was a necessity. You already have a slick iGrill, so you don't really need to spend extra on a setup with additional meat probes, etc.

It all really depends on how much you want to spend and what features you really want. I have a CyberQ WiFi and love it, but its really probably more than I need. It is fun though! I love it!

Any ATC I think will help you save time and help with consistency, IMO. WSMs hold temperatures really well, but there's something to be said for getting more sleep during an overnight smoke or not being chained to the smoker all day, etc.

Back