IQ 120 Fan won't shut off?

AlbertL

I bought a Pitmaster IQ120 a couple of weeks ago, first run went really well, happy I bought it. I made a pulled pork with my Smokey Mountain. Everyone loved it, so my parents asked me to make another pulled pork for (Canadian) Thanksgiving. IQ120 performed like a champ. Too bad I ran out of fuel before this cook completed, but I was still overjoyed with its performance.

I tried a third cook today of another shoulder butt, but instead this time the fan on the IQ120 turned on and never turned itself off. During my first two cooks, when the unit got up to temp the fan turned off and only turned on to keep the temperature constant. Today it ran the pit temp all the way to 300 and I had to use the dampers to bring the temp down. I did a couple of factory resets, which didn't help either.

Here's my settings - I basically used the first example from the manual:

Pit Set = 250
Food Alarm = 0
Pit Alarm = 0
Lid Detect = on
Fan Speed 0
temp units = F
Sound = 0
Display = 1
Food Pit Set = 250
Delay time = 0
Delay pit = 0
Food Temp = 140
Food Pit Set = 0
Pit Set = 250

Fan damper = 1

Did my unit lose its marbles? The temp probes as far as I know are/were working - I have a couple of Thermoworks Dots I use to monitor food and pit temps, and they were within 2F of the IQ120.

Hope this is an issue covered by warranty, but it'll suck sending it back to the USA.

Thanks.

Back