Introducing the Minitisserie!

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
This is version 1.0. 2.0 should be up and running by the weekend.

21922760638_87ff4fc79a_c.jpg

21922442420_4db76ff24d_c.jpg

This is the rotisserie unit that I am using. We use it camping over the fire pit so I wont be permanently mounting it to the pot.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002GWW80/tvwb-20

I will however be making a mounting bracket on the side of the pot so I can remove the motor unit. I am also getting another spit rod that I will shorten

Are you planing to leave that "gap" or are you gonna fill it back in with.....? (flattened Coors can) :)

Currently I am just leaving the gap, as everything I have done since the mod has been high temp. I have a pork roast that I want to do low temp and I will fill the gaps. Wonder if they make a high temp duct tape? I don't know I'll McGyver something together!

Currently I am just leaving the gap, as everything I have done since the mod has been high temp. I have a pork roast that I want to do low temp and I will fill the gaps. Wonder if they make a high temp duct tape? I don't know I'll McGyver something together!
I assume the gap is the result of not wanting to thread the cook in the pot? That would be a pain to do. If you need some empty beer cans let me know, there's plenty of them around my house :) Heck I'll even throw in a couple rivets

Damnit Case, stop. Just sto... Keep the awesome innovations coming. I still need to make my mini into the miniZza though, sigh. Got a second pot laying around, will keep this in mind.

Damnit Case, stop. Just sto... Keep the awesome innovations coming. I still need to make my mini into the miniZza though, sigh. Got a second pot laying around, will keep this in mind.

The great thing about the Mini-Za is it still smokes great with out any other mods.

The Minitisserie needs some sealing up. Which I hope the the high temp tape will take care of. My plan is to cut a piece of aluminum to fit the gap, and over lap the pot. Then tape each side. That way the goo on the tape isn't exposed to what's being cooked. My hope is that one side can be saved and used as a hinge. If that doesn't work, I may need to hinge one side and latch the other. Similar to the Mini-Za. Oh now the wheels are a turning!

I haven't been here in a while and then I come back and bam, more crap I need to do. Really need to use my mini again, and you're definitely making the itch worse.

Or just using two pieces of tape? :) I like this idea Case! Heading over to Mega Foods this weekend to see about another tamale pot.

The two pieces of tape would work fine. I found some tiny hinges so I plan toi rig up a hinged door on each side. Rivet the hinges and then a small latch on the opposite side. The tape isn't cheap, the roll was $9.99! I would need to use a 1'-0" each smoke so that would be only 25 smokes

Back