Probe Holders for $1

DJRobb

I attached these two aluminum Wire Lug things to my grates using stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers. This allows you to very easily mount your probes in a way where they are not directly touching meat or grates.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Blackburn-1-Hole-2-Conductor-Type-ADR-Mount-Wire-Lug-2-Pack-ADR6-B2-5/100128007

11145109_665196106949367_2647084681679390416_n.jpg

Thanks. Need to get me some. I lost mine and I'm using a carrot,potato and wood chunk. Lol

I was using a small potato which works and you can eat it,lol
but my next brainstorm was a plain spring clamp clothes pin. just drill a probe size hole through the "ears" and slide the probe in. you can move it easily anywhere you want above or below the grate.
takes longer to type this then to make it.

I was using a small potato which works and you can eat it,lol
but my next brainstorm was a plain spring clamp clothes pin. just drill a probe size hole through the "ears" and slide the probe in. you can move it easily anywhere you want above or below the grate.
takes longer to type this then to make it.

I actually had a couple of older clothes pins where the probe fit right through the coil spring, no mods required. I'm down to my last one, and the springs on the newer clothes pins are too small. I'll have to get the drill out when this one finally wears out.

For these it states that they use "Aluminum construction with tin plating for low contact resistance"

Do you burn off the tin for it, or is it fine ?

Back