Thanks for having me

ReedH

Thanks for having me guys -- my name is Reed and I live in Columbia, SC. I've been grilling for probably half of my 30 years and just recently bought my first smoker (WSM 18.5). I'm pumped. I've already got it all seasoned up and have smoked a few whole chickens, some ribs and a ton of chicken wings. All were exceptional and I can't believe I waited this long to get smoking.

Doing my first boston butts this weekend and I've read every article on this site already. Have two 4.5lb butts and I'm on the fence about starting them at midnight Friday or starting early Saturday morning. I think I'll be fine starting the fire about 6am Saturday and have them on by 7am but maybe yall can talk me out of that. Guests coming at 6pm Saturday.

Anyway -- thanks for having me again. Look forward to many smokes to come

Reed

Hi Reed. Welcome to the forum! I think you'll be fine starting in them on Saturday morning... unless you are wanting them for lunch.

Welcome Reed! I learned a while ago not to invite people for smoked meat at lunch because it means pulling an all nighter

Welcome Reed.

You should be good-to-go with the early morning smoke. (My favourite time to get the smoker fired up).

Welcome to the forum Reed. Congrats on that WSM. Sounds like the morning start will be just fine when you consider the size of those butts.

Back