Weber Firestarters Cubes Price Increase?

A Carver

Just noticed on Amazon for the last week or two that the cubes have been $9 or more (currently over $10). Home Depot still has them for about $3.50 right now, so I picked up three packs of them. Does anyone know if there is any planned price increase for them, or just something weird going on with Amazon's pricing? I really liked being able to throw a pack into my cart as a filler item to put me over the Amazon free shipping threshold.

Thanks for any info guys, it has been really fun reading this site and glad I signed up.

Even if there was a planned price increase it sure wouldn't be 300%. I checked and all of the expensive ones include 'free shipping', so there ya go.

Al, I buy the all them time from HD at 3 something... Amazon is just "trying to have some fun" with you. Pay no attention to them.
and, Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the Forum!
Somebody must have goofed at the big A, Just bought some at Home Dumpo for $3.50.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. As T Waite said, 300% increase would be ridiculous, but I figured a small/moderate increase (50-100%) wouldn't be out of the question and just not used to seeing Amazon price like this. Last I checked they were over $11 now! Looks like I will just have to keep getting them at Lowes or HD like this previous purchase. Just so nice when you only needed a $3-5 item for free shipping to throw one of these in. Oh well.

Back