Thermocouple problem

Thomas K

TVWBB Member
Hi all.
I built the HM 4.2.4 without thermocouple support and afterwards decided to switch to thermocouple support. So I got the parts (thanks Peter F), desoldered R18 and the pit jack and soldered the TC parts. I did the testing for shorts and connections which was ok. I applied power and connected a thermocouple (once I received one from China), configured it in the UI, but it still shows - No Pit Probe -
Now I did measure the voltage at 4 (w/o having a probe connected): it is something like 0.1mV and not 3.2V - 0,1V as suggested. What I observed while measuring: If I put the measurement tip at 4, the display shows 2 degrees C. The display also reacts, if I short TC- and TC+ with my finger (jumping from 0C to 12C or so).
Then I bought some isopropyl and cleaned the TC area with a toothbrush, as suggested in other threads, but it still does not read 3.2V at 4.
Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed?
Any help would be appreciated.

Photo: https://goo.gl/photos/veQRz8NibYGUn54E7

I'm not able to post a image (new user restriction, I guess).

Last edited:
Thomas,

You can upload your photo's to something like photobucket and share the links to the photo's here.

Double check the connections of the AD8495, check for short circuits but also for bad connections between the pins and the pads.

Back