WSM 14" lid on Smokey Joe Mini pot...

Glenn McAulay

Will the lid from a WSM 14" fit on the stock pot of a Smokey Joe Mini? I'm thinking about more head room. What say you smoke people....

Will the lid from a WSM 14" fit on the stock pot of a Smokey Joe Mini? I'm thinking about more head room. What say you smoke people....

Don't know if anyone has tried. Maybe someone that has a WSM 14 could measure the opening. The web says that the width of the 14 is 14.75 inches. If that's the case it would be a bit too big to fit properly.

Food for thought: The lid of a WSM has a bead on it like the top edge of the pot. Even if the dimensions are correct it won't nest without either modifying the lid or pot. The lid to the Smokey Joe has a flair so nests on the bead of the pot without modification.

I use the lid from a SJ to put out the coals on my 14.5. Fits the bottom chamber like a glove. However, it has an "upside down lazy L" edge. The edge from a top of a 14.5 is rolled.
Long story short: No. Doesn't fit.

This is how another member (Mac) did it. IIRC, he used a water pan from a 18.5" WSM (same shape as the bottom of the Smokey Joe) as the lid, and fabbed up some tabs to hold the lid to the tamale pot body.

DSCN3723.JPG

Here's a pic of the tabs.

DSCN3651.JPG

Last edited:
Not at all. I installed a strip of some left over gasket material.
I love the extra head space. 3 whole chickens is not a problem.

Back