Need Digital Thermometer/Probe Recommendations

Evan Zatt

First- not sure if I have posted this in the correct forum so if not I apologize.

Second- my girlfriend washed my ThermoWorks Digital Thermometer (not a Thermapen) in our dishwater and it completely broke in half so I'm looking for a new digital thermometer and would love some recommendations.

Ideally I'm looking for something that can fold like the Thermapen, it's digital, it's backlight so I can read it at night and it's reliable.

I've seen a lot of stuff on Amazon but wanted to get some recommendations from some people on the forum. I would like to stay under $50.

Much appreciated in advance.

I bought the Weber 6742 not too long ago, used a few times for chicken and turkey. Has a nice blue light-up screen that is clear in the dark. It was $29.99 at Home Depot and works well for me. The probe and coil are pretty durable

I have a ThermoWorks ThermoPop and I really like it. It doesn't fold like a ThermoPen, but it's fast, cost ya $29, and well worth it. Plus ThermoWorks is having a site-wide 15% off sale right now until Aug. 28th. Just enter SITEWIDE15 and done!

Rebadged Maverick ET-732 $42 Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00ANCXJR6/tvwb-20

Amazon.com : Ivation Long Range Wireless Thermometer - Dual Probe - Remote BBQ, Smoker, Grill, Oven, Meat Thermometer - Monitors Food From Up To 300 Feet Away : Barbecue Thermometers : Home & Kitchen
413AQ1wdfEL._SL175_.jpg

They are calling it "Ivation Long Range Wireless Thermometer - Dual Probe - Remote BBQ, Smoker, Grill, Oven, Meat Thermometer - Monitors Food From Up To 300 Feet Away by Ivation But its really the good old Maverick. Apply promo code B7HC3EDB

My thermapen is about to bite the dust, I can't get it to turn on reliably. Just picked up the Thermopop last week, seems nice though not as fast as the thermapen.

Back