Need a sanity check on my schematic.

ThomasHolbrook

I am building my version of an ATC for long smokes on my 22.5" kettle and may also use it on my Mini WSM/Tamale Pot smoker. I have filtered through the posts and threads around the Internet and have also emailed back and forth to the Auber tech support; I just haven't found all the answers to my questions yet. I'm no electronics guru but I think logically and am pretty handy. Can I get some feedback on whether or not my plan here will work? I had it down until the SSR came into the picture. Some information and bullet questions here:
1. I can't just follow the diagram (Figure 13) that came with the PID; I want to add the capability to turn the fan off during lid openings or burnt end stealing.
2. My diagram is a mix of what I have found on forums and the information I have from Auber but have not seen a diagram that includes an SSR and a fan kill switch in the same setup.
3. Please don't show me the math...it will not compute, just need some help with the circuit connections and the electrons can flow where they may. (wink)

Thanks in advance for any help that may come my way!

Temp%20Control%20Connection%20Diagram_zpskkrn2ovn.png~original
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
wiring

I am building my version of an ATC for long smokes on my 22.5" kettle and may also use it on my Mini WSM/Tamale Pot smoker. I have filtered through the posts and threads around the Internet and have also emailed back and forth to the Auber tech support; I just haven't found all the answers to my questions yet. I'm no electronics guru but I think logically and am pretty handy. Can I get some feedback on whether or not my plan here will work? I had it down until the SSR came into the picture. Some information and bullet questions here:
1. I can't just follow the diagram (Figure 13) that came with the PID; I want to add the capability to turn the fan off during lid openings or burnt end stealing.
2. My diagram is a mix of what I have found on forums and the information I have from Auber but have not seen a diagram that includes an SSR and a fan kill switch in the same setup.
3. Please don't show me the math...it will not compute, just need some help with the circuit connections and the electrons can flow where they may. (wink)

Thanks in advance for any help that may come my way!

Temp%20Control%20Connection%20Diagram_zpskkrn2ovn.png~original
[/URL][/IMG]

I don't have this setup but I use the Auber smoker packaged unit. My understanding is that the ssr output is a switched open/closed contact. If you connect the 12v+ to the fan then you need to switch the 12v- with the ssr contact output. Don't run the 12v+ to #2 terminal. Wiring 12v- to #1 and #2 to the neg on fan.
I don't see what you have shown will work.
Hope this is helpful.

Back