quick snake maker, bacon wrapped csr's, no plate shot, I'm grilled out?

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I grilled pork chops Friday night (no pics) then 3 times on GF3 Saturday, and again last night.
Guess I'm no Lampe, because grilled food again today does not appeal to me.

Maybe this has been posted, but it's a first for me.
A quicker way to build your snake using the char-baskets.

IMGP0956.JPG

Remove baskets and rearrange a bit.

IMGP0957.JPG

Tasty Licks rubbed, bacon wrapped, country style ribs.
They look like porcupines with all the toothpicks.

IMGP0960.JPG

Yukons with bacon for the seasoning and cooking fat.

IMGP0963.JPG

Quills removed after about 2.5 hrs. of hickory smoke at 225-235 hood temp.

IMGP0964.JPG

IMGP0966.JPG

Two sauced.
Sorry, no plate shots, I'll do four Hail Webers for repentance.

IMGP0971.JPG

They were really good, the parts of them with more fat were more gooder than the drier parts.

Haven't used up my allowance of 10 pics, so here's Jo's cone flowers.

IMGP0988.JPG

Brooke says that's all folks, have a great week!

IMGP0990.JPG

Dang Bob, You are my inspiration, I have 3 CSR and some bacon, (who doesn't) ((in their right mind)). That is a good idea, but only question, if you treat them like PP, wouldn't the bacon be xtra crispy? Or you treat them like Pork Steaks...

Just my .02 worth, I don't have them there fancy charcoal splitters... I just throw on side, and put some lighted ones on top.

I haven't cooked a CSR in probably 2 decades, but now I want some for lunch! Those look awesome!

Very creative Bob. Sure looks delicious. Like your piece of bacon with the potatoes. Will give that a try. We love Yukons.

Great ide Bob - we cook those all the time but I have never thought of wrapping them in bacon and direct grilling them. they look pretty tasty...

Regards,

John

Bob, your cooks and photos are inspiring. Love the photos from around your place. BTW, you're overdue on your Santa Maria

Sorry, no plate shots, I'll do four Hail Webers for repentance.
Dude, you ain't Catholic, ain't working for ya :p

so..... what's the sauce you used to cover those two...?
and... ya know, ol' Chucko is correcto... you ARE over due, dude!

gettin' back to this posting, yeah, you cook like I LIKE!

Got to try those CSR those look great. Never thought I'd hear you say you're grilled out, but I can understand, I'm getting tired of trying to second guess the weather here. I was going to smoke some short ribs because last night they said no rain, great, but they didn't mention the 30-45 mph wind gusts.

Those are some awesome CSR they look so delicious. Love the idea with the bacon on the potatoes will give that a try when Rich does the bacon tomorrow. Brooke looks awesome also.

Back