Chicken Rollups

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Still hot here today, well, not as hot, but unusually humid for the area.......so, cooking outside again (I know, poor me!) :)

Did one of those cruise the market and figure out what I'm making on the fly. Today was chicken rollups.

I de-boned a couple of chicken breasts, and removed the skin. Then I pounded them flat (as flat as I could go without causing them to tear), seasoned with salt/pepper, laid down a small pile of baby spinach, sprinkled on some grated parmesan, and added two slices of canadian bacon to each breast. Rolled them up, tied them, and seasoned with Dizzy Pig Dizzy dust, resulting in this:

IMG_0927.JPG

Then they went onto the Genesis, direct, with the knobs set to Med/Med-Low (running about 400 degrees after nice heat soak on full blast.) After the first turn, they looked like this (wrapped the tenders with some canadian bacon....one in, one out):

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAACDE/sXM0hBxl_Io/s640-Ic42/IMG_0928.JPG

When all was said and done (about 7.5 minutes per side), I took them in and sliced them up, and they looked like this:

IMG_0929.JPG

I plated them up with some grilled asparagus (not pictured), and everything was devoured in a flash by the whole family. These turned out REALLY tasty, were ridiculously easy to make, and will be a regular in the lineup (probably with numerous variations on the stuffing theme.) Good stuff!!

Thanks for lookin'!

Rich

I like your idea of the chicken roll ups. That looks delicious and will be trying that one real soon. To your point, there are so many different ways you could do them have fun.

Fabulous looking chicken Rich! I'd not thought of trussing them up to keep them nice and compact while cooking, great idea I will have to use.

Back