Quick smoke tonight on the WSM

M Schneider

TVWBB Member
Picked up some nice-looking chicken thighs at Sam's yesterday. After deboning and trimming them I marinated them overnight in a raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Before cooking them I rinsed and dried them off, then seasoned the meat side and filled them with cream cheese and roasted jalapenos. I then wrapped them in bacon and seasoned the outside with some of my homemade bbq chicken rub. Smoked them over some apple wood on a wire baking rack at around 320 degrees or so for about 45 minutes to an hour, didn't really time it. Then I dunked them in some homemade raspberry-chipotle bbq sauce and put them back in the smoker for about 30 minutes or so until the sauce was set. Put a little finishing glaze on them before serving and you can tell by the pics, 3 of them got eaten up before I could take a picture of the finished product. They were delicious I promise. I usually use a foil pan for this, but I was out of them so I used a cookie sheet from the kitchen. However, I forgot to wrap the darned thing in foil before hitting the smoker and my wife was not amused. After about 2 bites of the chicken, all was forgiven though. :D

Looks fantastic! I'll have to try that out.

Those thighs look delicious!

They look great. I love the color.

Thank you for the kind words. They were heavenly, but I really wish I'd gotten some nice "cook in progress" pics. Problem was........this was such a fast cook I just didn't really have time for that. Since this is a Weber smoker/grill forum I would have liked some pics of the cook while on the WSM. Oh well, next time.

Edit- I am doing a couple of pork butts today and will have plenty of time for pics!

Last edited:

Back